Hello everyone, happy lunar new year to those who celebrate!
It’s been a long time since the last post so I’d like to share a really easy recipe which will not take up a lot of time, tastes great and pretty as gifts. There are lotsa recipes online but mine’s more of a ‘feel’ how much is enough recipe… and many recipes call for unsalted butter but I prefer to have a slight touch of salt for balance of taste.
- A box of plain cornflakes (275g)
- Approx 100g salted butter
- Approx 4.5 tablespoons of honey
- Baking cups
- Preheat oven to 180degC
- Melt butter at the lowest heat
- Before the butter is totally melted, add honey
- When the mixture is uniformly mixed, add cornflakes
- Gently fold in the cornflakes to avoid smashing them
- When the cornflakes are all coated with the honey/ butter mixture, spoon them into the baking cups
- Bake for 8 – 10min max
The cookies should turn out golden brown, crispy and slightly savory and sweet. Mine tasted caramel like which I really like.
If you try the recipe, please let me know how yours turned out and if there are better ingredients to improvise. Thanks!.