Lunching at Aoki is always a pleasure. Their famous chirashi don is really good, and I mean it. For a set lunch which costs lesser than $40, one can expect the items below:
– Starter of stewed tuna chunks
– Vegetable salad with ponzu soy
– Tsukemono (pickled vegetables)
– The famed chirashi don (great variety of fresh seafood including uni – sea urchin)
– Aosa (sea lettuce) soup
– Assorted dessert, 3 kinds
The chirashi don is so full of fresh chopped seafood that it is difficult to reach for the rice. The rice is so chewy and cooked to the right consistency that I did not leave a single grain. As aosa is my favourite japanese seaweed, and the soup had this smokey taste, it was delicious! We’d always get an ice cream (azuki – redbean or green tea), goma (sesame) pudding and plum jelly for desserts. So how’s that for a mere $40?
Booking is necessary. Sometimes they may not allow orders of more than 2 portions of chirashi don set per table.