Inspiration for today, think dark chocolate, sour cherries, sweet and sour…
Easy to make, taste great, satisfying without feeling sinful? Try this recipe!
Sugar reduced 25% from the original recipe, dark chocolate chips (Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet) instead of milk chocolate, morello cherries which were lightly sweetened (higher in beta carotene, antioxidants and more nutritious than sweet ones) were used.
The result of the adjustments, there was balance of sweetness and sourness. Muffins were moist from the juice of the cherries and some butter. Love it!
Ingredients (makes 6):
Plain flour 150g
Baking soda 5g
Castor sugar 75g
Dark chocolate chips 50g
Egg 1 beaten
Vanilla essence 3ml
Butter 60g melted
Morello cherries 100g
1. Sift flour, baking soda and salt into a mixing bowl
2. Mix sugar and chocolate chips
3. In another bowl, mix beaten egg, milk, vanilla
4. Combine wet ingredients and butter into the mixing bowl of sifted flour mixture and mix well
5. Preheat oven to 190°c, butter the ramekins
6. Fill ramekins to 3/4 full and bake for 16min