Love the spiciness and kick from shanghainese food. One of the easiest and fast to prepare dishes is the shanghainese spicy dumplings. The last time this was posted, there was no recipe. (Last post on spicy dumplings). So here’s my rendition and how I like it.
Ingredients: (for 3 – 4 person)
Minced pork 150g
Minced chicken 100g
Fish paste 100g
Coriander minced 1/4 cup
Corn flour 2tsp
Soy sauce 2tbsp
Sesame oil 1 tsp
Chinese cooking wine 2 tsp
Dumpling skin (white square ones)
Mix well and let marinate for at least an hour
Sichuan chili pepper sauce 1 tbsp
Black rice vinegar 3 tbsp
Mirin 3 tbsp
Soy sauce 3 tbsp
Chopped garlic 1 tsp
Chopped coriander 1 tbsp
Mix well just before serving
1. Depending on the size of your dumpling skin, place about 1tsp or a little more of filling in the middle, fold into a triangle and gather the sides. No water or egg white needed to seal the sides.
2. In a pot of boiling water, cook the dumplings for about 3 – 5 min
4. Remove dumplings with a slotted ladle to strain off the liquid.
5. Place dumplings in a serving plate.
6. Pour 3/4 of the sauce and mix the dumplings well, make sure each of them is coated.
7. Pour the rest of the sauce all over and sprinkle some chopped coriander to garnish.