Berlin is the capital of Germany and it’s a nice city. We spent about 4 days exploring at leisure… No rush no agenda, just random activities.
- Walking around potsdamer platz (Potsdam square) where we bumped into marathoners. The Sony center, legoland and some skyscrapers reside here. We went up to panoramapunkt to enjoy some view and coffee.
- Walk to the memorial of the Murdered Jews of Europe, also called holocaust memorial and visit the United buddy bears where we learned to live peacefully across nations
- Proceed to Brandenburg gate and find the L shaped stoned paved line where the war took place.
- Then make an appointment online to visit the Bundestag – Reichstag building. The dome is energy efficient, environmentally friendly and beautiful! Each visitor gets a local language portable device/ ear piece which detects our location around the dome and provides appropriate information wherever we walked to. Very cool! The views were amazing too.
- Go on a river cruise and enjoy the views, have coffee, beer or German sausages!
- Shopping at Alexanderplatz – there’s a huge Primark, the galleria kaufhof, Alexa and more enough to shop till we drop! And workout on those cabyke or bigbikes have beer while touring around!!!
- Try some local food like currywurst at curry36 or currywurst express, reasonably priced Italian food at Vapiano, steak at block house, pretty decent Vietnamese at Monsieur vuong, nice Thai food at elefant, Hisar fresh food for mean doner kebabs and very fresh local produce at This restaurant – Nobelhart & Schmutzig