Happy Friday everyone! End of a stressful work week, hurray! Time to make something really tasty and simple. With the recently bought chorizo from Spain, decided on making some stew with it.
Roughly chop up 4 – 5 cloves of garlic
Roughly chop up 1 big onion (white preferred) I did not have so any type of onion will do too
150g sliced chorizo
1 cup white wine
1 cup chicken stock
200g sole fillet cut into chunks
150g chicken breast
A handful of bacon chunks of bits
1 can garbanzo beans and tomatoes
Coriander to garnish
- In a deep pot, without oil, fry the chorizo
- A few minutes later, garlic goes in. Followed by onion. Cook till soft, then add chicken.
- When chicken is 3/4 cooked, pour in wine
- When it boils, put in roughly chopped canned tomatoes, garbanzo beans and chicken stock
- Add bacon, let simmer then add the prawns
- Lastly when the prawns are almost done, add the fish slices and be careful to place them strategically so that they will not be buried and become broken bits when stirred.
Was happy with the results and this hearty one dish meal was perfect for a lazy weekend. It took about 15min to prepare and another 20min to cook!