Arrived at the fashion capital of Italy, Milan and where Expo 2015 is held. On board an Alitalia flight, noticed that the seats were from Recaro. In case you’re wondering, no they were not bucket racing seats but still fairly comfortable.
At Linate airport, spotted this poster
We took a taxi to the hotel and there were 2 types. One, as we were told was official where they charge a higher fixed rate paid inside the airport building at a counter. While a random taxi right outside of the airport building charges by meter and is usually cheaper. As we booked our accommodation at Hotel Galles located right in the city center (Piazza Lima – adjacent to corso buenos aires), opted to go with the normal taxi and arrived within 15min.
Hotel Galles consisted of a mix of dated and contemporary decor. The hotel room was dated while the shared/ public areas contemporary.
The tiny room
Lobby/ Spa/ pool
Dining and terrace areas – great views
Overall, the stay was not really satisfactory.
- It was spring and air con did not work. At 19degc, warm air came through so had to open the window with no view
- Noisy at night, could hear guests talking and laughing from the terrace perhaps
- Tiny tiny shower area barely enough for an average person
- Shopping and food right outside hotel
- Above Lima metro station
- Friendly and helpful staff