Qatar airways fly A350 between Singapore and Doha. We were on the red eye flight which departed Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 3 at 2.20am. The flight time was about 7hrs so we had ample time to explore what they had in store for us. We liked most things onboard while some things could be improved.
What we did not enjoy – not many
- The Dnata lounge in Singapore changi airport terminal 3 – it was a small lounge which accomodates 5 airlines (including Qatar) passengers traveling on first/ business class and certain frequent flyer status members. The lounge earned a skytrax best independent lounge 2015. We arrived at about 1am and the main open concept area was crowded. With renovations ongoing, it was quite noisy in all 4 sections of the lounge. Now the food – satay was cold and tough, coffee was average and the mushroom soup though was from can was nice and hot. Toilet was spacious but no amenities such as toothbrush/ hand lotion provided. Overall, we did not enjoy the 1hr spent at the lounge.
- The seats on A350 business class – the seats were rather small we thought and was quite ‘exposed’. Minimal privacy between each passengers and not much storage space around us (within reach) though there was the spacious overhead compartment.
- Ergonomic placement of water bottle and headphones which were in the right armrest and could be elevated or flushed at the same level with the seat upon landing/ take off; sufficient legroom; many different seat adjustments and fully flat bed.
2. Large touch screen tv approx 17/ 18 inch. Small reading light on the side, adjustable air con above, reading lights controlled from tv console, spacious dining table easy to release and stow. Seatbelt signs reflected so the crew need not repeat ‘fasten seatbelt’ every time there is turbulence.
3. The amenities – Rituals toiletries in the toilet. Giorgio Armani amenity kit which comes with a classy black pouch with compartments. Gold zipper for ladies, gunmetal zipper for men. Each pouch contains an Armani fragrance miniature, rituals lip balm, Armani body lotion, hair brush, ear plugs, socks and eye mask.
5. Other nice features – bar with nuts, fruits, billecart salmon brut and light snacks available throughout the flight; magazines and newspapers; pyjamas which was normally for first class passengers on other airlines were offered to us.
6. The very good service from every crew member. They were all friendly and professional. The food was good and served on demand. Warm bread and freshly toasted nuts. Sesame prawn; Arabic mezze; nasi lemak; grilled beef with thyme jus. Breakfast was cheddar cheese omelette grilled beef fillet. Juices and wines available and some of the good wines were billecart salmon brut; draper brut rose, chateau smith haute Lafitte grand cru classe 2010; esk valley white wine.