Happy 2019 everyone! We are starting the new year with a healthy and simple meal of salmon and spinach. Here’s the recipe
- Salmon fillet about 200 – 250g
- Baby spinach leaves 1 pack (approx 142g)
- Black cracked Pepper
- Garlic 2 cloves thinly sliced
- Turmeric powder 10g or enough to coat salmon
- Preheat oven to 160degc
- Coat salmon with turmeric powder
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper onto the fillet
- Grill salmon for 8-10min
- While salmon is cooking, heat a teaspoon olive oil in pan, add garlic and stir till there’s fragrance
- Add all the spinach and once they wilt, they are ready (this is a very quick processed and done within 1 min or 2)
- Place the wilted spinach on a serving plate and top with grilled salmon fillet
- Optional – for children or those who prefer more satisfying meal, add cheese on top of salmon. I added 2 slices of cheddar and put back into over of 160degc till cheese melts (approx 5min). If this is preferred, the salmon fillet should be cooked for 8min max in step 4.
One thought on “Homemade turmeric grilled salmon with wilted spinach”
Oh we would love this!!